Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Shared with me by my bestie - this is tasty business!
Make and share this Jalapeno Popper Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely diced (or more!)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, combine the bread crumbs and oil. Stirring often, toast until crispy and golden brown. Transfer bread crumbs to a small bowl and mix in the taco seasoning.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos.
- Using a small, sharp knife, either cut a pocket in each breast or butterfly them. If they're especially thick, I like to pound them a couple times with the flat side of a meat mallet to thin them out some first - too thick and it takes so long to cook through that the bread crumbs burn.
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Divide the cheese filling evenly between the chicken breasts; close with toothpicks if you like.
- Dip the chicken in the beaten egg and then the bread crumb mixture, coating each piece completely. You can put them straight into the baking pan, or put a rack in the bottom of the pan first so the bottoms won't get soggy. Bake in a preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.