Oh boy, these are good-good-GOOD! If you like stuffed burgers and poppers, you'll love these. :)
Make and share this Jalapeno Popper Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, seeded,to taste (you can add more if you like 'em HOT)
- Mix meat, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into 12 thin patties, each about 4 inches in diameter.
- Mix the cream cheese, ancho chili powder, cumin, dried onion, and minced jalapeno.
- Top 6 patties with the cheese mixture, spreading it to within 1/2-inch of the edge (if the mixture is difficult to spread, try heating in the microwave for about 15 seconds).
- Cover each patty with one of the remaining 6 patties, sealing the edges well.
- Broil or grill the patties (4 inches from the heat), turning only once if possible, until preferred doneness and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Low-carb serving: top with a bit of grated cheddar, guacamole, and enjoy!
- High-carb serving: eat with a bun and other condiments.