Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve with quesadillas or pulled pork sandwiches. From The El Paso Chile Company’s Texas Border Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 -4 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 -2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage or 1⁄2 medium head of cabbage
- 2 cups small cubes fresh pineapple or 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise with sour cream, 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, Dijon, 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon juice and salt. In a large bowl, toss cabbage with pineapple and onions until mixed. Stir in mayonnaise mixture. Taste and if pineapple seems too tart, sprinkle salad with remaining sugar and stir. Taste again and stir in remaining jalapenos for a hotter taste.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.