Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from cooks.com. It was submitted by Jo. My husband loves the jalapeno picked eggs we can buy at a local store. They are expensive though so I wanted to see if I could make some up. I couldn't find a recipe like we were looking for here but I did find this one online. He said they are really good. I cut the original recipe in half and added more garlic. We didn't add the hot sauce and he said they didn't need it, they were plenty hot enough without so it is up to how hot you like stuff. Time does not including egg cooking or the marinating for 1 week.
- Put peeled eggs in a 2 1/2 quart jar.
- We used a clean leftover dill pickle jar.
- If you use more eggs you will need a bigger jar.
- Boil all ingredients (except eggs, of course) for 15 minutes.
- Pour hot mixture over eggs until eggs are covered.
- Add hot water to jar to fill if needed.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 1 week before using.
- The original recipe had a note that said for a stronger flavor, poke hole in the eggs with a toothpick before marinating.
- We didn't do that so I can't attest to it's results.
we loved these. dh is a pickled egg freak and he freaked out when he tasted them. just as good if not better than the ones we buy in lancaster. good and pickely but not too spicey.