Recipe by Dib's
This is fantastic on hot dogs and hamburgers! Kind of a sweet hot relish that wont kill you!
Top Review by Iron Bloomers
Perfect! Boy this is great--easy to make & the flavor is a mix of sweet with a kick of HOT! I used a tea ball for the spices, worked well. Great on grilled meats & would add pizzaz to leftover roast pork! Thanks for a goodie Di.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 quart cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 5 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine jalapenos, cukes, onions and the salt in a large glass bowl, cover with cold water and let stand for 2 hours-drain and press veg to remove excess water.
- Combine the sugar and vinegar in a large pot, tie the spices in cheesecloth and add to the liquid.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minute.
- Add veg and simmer for 10 min-remove spice bag.
- Pack into clean hot jars and process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.