2 hrs 19 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Robyn's Cookin''s Note:
I got the jalapeno sauce recipe from Aprovecho: A Mexican-American Border Cookbook. The sauce freezes nicely. The pasta mix-ins are just what I had on hand the first time I made it; it works well and helps to cut the heat if your sauce is too spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Jalapeno Pesto Sauce
- 6 large fresh jalapenos
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 1Jalapeno Pasta Sauce:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Roast the jalapenos on a foil-lined baking sheet for 40 minutes.
- 4Place the peppers in a plastic bag and seal.
- 5Let stand for 20-30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
- 6Wearing gloves, carefully peel and seed the jalapenos. Make sure to remove all of the ribs.
- 7Rinse under cold water to remove excess seeds.
- 8Combine the jalapenos, Parmesan cheese, oil, and salt in a food processor.
- 9Process until almost smooth and set aside.
- 11Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 12Drain and rinse with cold water until no longer hot.
- 13Toss the cooked pasta with the jalapeno sauce.
- 14Mix in the tomato, black olives, green onions, and salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Pesto Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 307.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g