Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 19 mins
I got the jalapeno sauce recipe from Aprovecho: A Mexican-American Border Cookbook. The sauce freezes nicely. The pasta mix-ins are just what I had on hand the first time I made it; it works well and helps to cut the heat if your sauce is too spicy.
Jalapeno Pesto Sauce
- 6 large fresh jalapenos
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 8 ounces dry pasta
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Jalapeno Pasta Sauce:.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Roast the jalapenos on a foil-lined baking sheet for 40 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a plastic bag and seal.
- Let stand for 20-30 minutes, or until the peppers are cool enough to handle.
- Wearing gloves, carefully peel and seed the jalapenos. Make sure to remove all of the ribs.
- Rinse under cold water to remove excess seeds.
- Combine the jalapenos, Parmesan cheese, oil, and salt in a food processor.
- Process until almost smooth and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water until no longer hot.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the jalapeno sauce.
- Mix in the tomato, black olives, green onions, and salt and pepper.