Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These lovely round small peppers come in red, yellow and green, they are sweet but range in heat, from mild to medium hot, sold fresh or pickled they make a very flavourful appetizer and can be filled with almost anything. Love 'em!!
- 8 sweet red cherry peppers (fresh or pickled)
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped smoked garlic sausage
- 1 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped or 2 1⁄4 ounces green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Cut cherry peppers in half, vertically, leaving stem for presentation.
- Remove seeds.
- Drain well on paper towel.
- In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon filling into pepper halves.
I used sweet mini peppers. (They look like red, yellow and orange jalapenos, but are sweet.) I also omitted the garlic sausage, as I didn't have anything like that on hand. Because of this omition, I added about a teaspoon of fresh minced garlic and a little Lawry's seasoned salt. I also diced jalapeno in the filling rather than green chilies. Of course, the longer these sat, the more the heat of the pepper developed, but my guest loved these.
Have used this recipe now several times in different peppers and presentations for my family. The recipe works well as you can modify if several different ways-stuffed jalapeno using Bell, Cherry, Anaheim or Ancho. You can use virtually any sausage and you can expand the recipe with a hamburger/sausage combo.