Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Be careful when handling peppers, and be sure to wash your hands when done! From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN.
- 1 cup long grain rice, cooked
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced jalapeno peppers or 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend cooked rice with sour cream in a bowl; stir in jalapenos or chilies.
- Place mixture in a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.