originally from "Taste of Home" magazine
Make and share this Jalapeno Pepper Poppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb fresh jalapeno, seeded (halved lengthwise)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- sour cream or prepared onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses, bacon and seasonings.; mix well.
- Spoon about 2 Tbs. into each pepper half.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1" baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 300 degrees for 20 minute for spicy flavor, 30 minute for med. and 40 minute for mild.
- Serve with sour cream or dressing.
- NOTES : When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. avoid touching your face. I omit the bacon in this recipe.