originally from "Taste of Home" magazine
Make and share this Jalapeno Pepper Poppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb fresh jalapeno, seeded (halved lengthwise)
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- sour cream or prepared onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses, bacon and seasonings.; mix well.
- Spoon about 2 Tbs. into each pepper half.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1" baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 300 degrees for 20 minute for spicy flavor, 30 minute for med. and 40 minute for mild.
- Serve with sour cream or dressing.
- NOTES : When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. avoid touching your face. I omit the bacon in this recipe.
my family loved these. fresher than any boughten poppers. take some preparation time, but are well worth it.
better than any you can get at a restaurant!
Wonderful recipe!!! This is so easy and they taste great. Much better than any other popper I've ever made or purchased. Definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing.