1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Pepper Poppers
Nancy Van Ess's Note:
originally from "Taste of Home" magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb fresh jalapeno, seeded (halved lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- sour cream or prepared onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses, bacon and seasonings.; mix well.
- 2Spoon about 2 Tbs. into each pepper half.
- 3Roll in bread crumbs.
- 4Place in a greased 15x10x1" baking pan.
- 5Bake, uncovered, 300 degrees for 20 minute for spicy flavor, 30 minute for med. and 40 minute for mild.
- 6Serve with sour cream or dressing.
- 7NOTES : When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. avoid touching your face. I omit the bacon in this recipe.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Pepper Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 172.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g