1 hr 10 mins
Toby Jermain's Note:
These are amazingly mild stuffed jalapenos, but they are still quite full flavored.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 -2 cup milk (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, at room temperature (about 4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, at room temperature (about 4 oz)
- 6 slices bacon, diced, fried crisp, and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (preferably Japanese panko breadcrumbs)
- sour cream (optional) or ranch dressing (optional) or onion, dip for dipping (optional)
- 1If you are NOT A HEAT-FREAK, you can tone down the jalapenos by soaking them in milk for about 15 minutes before stuffing, but this makes them real, real mild.
- 2If you don’t mind a little warmth, just follow the rest of the recipe without soaking.
- 3If you do soak them, rinse and blot the peppers dry before stuffing them.
- 4WARNING: Wear rubber gloves when slicing and cleaning jalapeno peppers.
- 5You can get real bad chemical burns if you don’t!
- 6Do not touch your eyes or suck your thumb after preparing peppers until after you have washed your hands real well, even if you do wear rubber gloves.
- 7In a mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon, and seasonings, and mix well.
- 8Stuff jalapeno halves generously with cheese mixture.
- 9Roll tops in breadcrumbs, refrigerate for 10 minutes, and coat again with the breadcrumbs.
- 10Place on a greased baking sheet, and bake, uncovered, in a preheated 300degF oven for 20 minutes for a spicy flavor, 30 minutes for medium flavor, or 40 minutes for mild.
- 11Serve with dipping sauces of choice or just plain.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Pepper Poppers
Serving Size: 1 (1260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g