Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Spice up your life a little with this easy to make stove top chicken dish.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar or 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58-44.37 ml jalapeno jelly
- Place breasts between sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, cumin and oregano.
- Rub some of the seasoning on both sides of each breast.
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side or until done.
- Transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
- Add broth, vinegar and jelly to skillet, cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
This was definitely not what I expected! So when I got over it (haha) I realized I had a five star dish in front of me. It has a mild flavor, and is reminiscent of a meat dish with a sweet(ish) chutney. I think it would be great with mashed potatoes, and a green veggie with a sprinkling of balsalmic vinegar.
I have an abundance of homemade jalapeno jelly in the pantry & am delighted to discover this delicious recipe! The recipe was easy to prepare and the results company worthy. Made for the Lorac cookathon 2014.
Needed something quick and always looking for that extra gourmet touch and we found it. Had a bag of chicken breast pcs and no jalapeno pepper jelly so used the red pepper jelly we had opened in the fridge. Loved the heat and the sweet!! Wished we had doubled to sauce. Served with brown rice and chickpeas