Recipe by Lorac
Spice up your life a little with this easy to make stove top chicken dish.
Top Review by GinnyP
This was definitely not what I expected! So when I got over it (haha) I realized I had a five star dish in front of me. It has a mild flavor, and is reminiscent of a meat dish with a sweet(ish) chutney. I think it would be great with mashed potatoes, and a green veggie with a sprinkling of balsalmic vinegar.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Place breasts between sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine garlic salt, chili powder, pepper, cumin and oregano.
- Rub some of the seasoning on both sides of each breast.
- Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken 3-4 minutes per side or until done.
- Transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
- Add broth, vinegar and jelly to skillet, cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.