Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
nice as a glaze on roast pork, with chops, chicken, or eat with crackers and cream cheese..
Make and share this Jalapeno Pepper Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- 8 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin (2 pouches)
- Sterilize 8 jars 1/2 pint size jars or four one pint jars
- Rinse and deseed jalapenos.
- Deseed only half of them, leaving some seeds for hotness if desired.
- Chop the red and green peppers.
- I like all red peppers myself.
- I use the food processor and process until a fine chop.
- In a large pot bring peppers, sugar and cider vinegar to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the pectin and return to boil uncovered for one minutes.
- Remove from heat, skim off foam.
- Fill jars, wipe rims, top with seal, finger tight.
- Let jars cool.
- They will pop as they seal.
WOW!!!! This stuff is the bomb! So easy to make and you can make it as hot or mild as you like. My first batch is really tasty but I'm making the next batch a little hotter. I love that I can go right out to the garden and pick my peppers fresh. I'm making plenty of this to have on hand all winter. Thanks for posting this wonderful tasty treat andypandy.
I am addicted to this! I've made two batches and one turned out too hot, one too mild, so I'm trying to tweak the "heat." This is my first experience eating or making hot pepper jelly but wanted to use up some peppers from my garden. Now I am using the jelly for everything. Love the appetizer with cream cheese and jelly on crackers. Am smearing it on sandwiches and as a condiment for meat. Thanks andypandy!
andypandy,This stuff is AWESOME!!!! My husband has made 3 batches of this jelly in the past week,our married daughters love it so much they are buying the canning jars so my husband will make it for them,He loves it too,I can\'t keep tortilla chips around here any more,and every time I buy those little frozen tiquitoes he uses it on them.Thanks so much for this recipe,my girls thank you too.Darlene