Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I know, I know, I thought the same thing when my mom told me we were having them Christmas Eve. I WAS WRONG!!!! THESE THINGS ARE FANTASTIC!!! She did cut the jalepenos to one. My wife doesn't like jalepenos or hot things-LOVED THESE!!! Really, give them a try. They also keep in the freezer-how convenient! I served the second half at my house 2 days later.
- 2 whole jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- bread crumbs and sesame seeds
- Mix peppers, cheese, and egg yolks into a paste.
- Shape into a roll (like freezer cookies) and freeze.
- When ready to use, slice into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Dust both sides of cookie with crumbs and sesame seeds.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake @ 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Did you forget flour? Mine came out oozy like melted cheese, though I used panko for the coating. I had real Parmesan, so maybe there's a canned cheese that has fillers and would firm these up. Pretty with the minced jalapenos, but you have to taste the peppers before using. My two added no flavor. Still looking for a great cheese cookie to keep in the freezer and bake last-minute. Thanks very much for your ideas.