This recipe comes from a delightful book "Christmas Gifts of Good Taste." Originally posted to fill a request, I made this last year for the holidays and it was a big hit. This makes just a little over 4 cups of spread (kind of like a jelly sauce). Try this poured over cream cheese for a fast appetizer. Once opened, use up quickly - in about 1-2 weeks.
- Place peaches and jalapenos in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Pour this mixture into a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Add sugar and allspice and combine well.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cook 20 minutes over medium-low, stirring often, or until thickened.
- It will be like a thick sauce.
- Ladle into clean,sterilized,heat-resistent jars.
- Cover with clean, sterilized lids and let cool to room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator and keep chilled.
- This is not shelf stable jam (it must be refrigerated even when sealed) as it has not been heat canned.
- Use up the spread within one month or two weeks after opening.
- Serve with cream cheese on crackers.