1/1 Photo of Jalapeno Peach Spread
This recipe comes from a delightful book "Christmas Gifts of Good Taste." Originally posted to fill a request, I made this last year for the holidays and it was a big hit. This makes just a little over 4 cups of spread (kind of like a jelly sauce). Try this poured over cream cheese for a fast appetizer. Once opened, use up quickly - in about 1-2 weeks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place peaches and jalapenos in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- 2Pour this mixture into a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- 3Add sugar and allspice and combine well.
- 4Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low.
- 5Cook 20 minutes over medium-low, stirring often, or until thickened.
- 6It will be like a thick sauce.
- 7Ladle into clean,sterilized,heat-resistent jars.
- 8Cover with clean, sterilized lids and let cool to room temperature.
- 9Place in refrigerator and keep chilled.
- 10This is not shelf stable jam (it must be refrigerated even when sealed) as it has not been heat canned.
- 11Use up the spread within one month or two weeks after opening.
- 12Serve with cream cheese on crackers.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Peach Spread
Serving Size: 1 (1699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 132.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g