Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderful fruity, yet spicy salsa that's a great accompaniment for grilled seafood, (I especially enjoy it with grilled tuna, swordfish or shrimp). It's great with pita chips too. Please feel free to adjust the heat by using more or less jalapeno, depending on your personal taste. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (28 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded,deveined and minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 5 -7 dashes Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 3 dashes peach/habanero hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit refrigerated for at least a couple hours to allow the flavors mix and intensify.
- Before serving, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
I just love the sweet/spicy thing going here. I used fresh, ripe peaches (took a guess on the amount) and a little extra jalapeno. Had this with pan-fried tilapia... excellent!
This is a good looking salsa! It also has a crazy sweet/spicy thing going on! I ended up taking out as much cilantro as I could (personal preference). Great way to spice up a meal! Thanks for posting :)
This is good and I think it'd be even better with fresh peaches. I used a whole jalapeno instead of the crushed red pepper. My 13yo son and I agreed that it needed a little bit of salt. It's a very pretty salsa! Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag game.