Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful fruity, yet spicy salsa that's a great accompaniment for grilled seafood, (I especially enjoy it with grilled tuna, swordfish or shrimp). It's great with pita chips too. Please feel free to adjust the heat by using more or less jalapeno, depending on your personal taste. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1 (28 ounce) cansliced peaches, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded,deveined and minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 5 -7 dashes Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 3 dashes peach/habanero hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let sit refrigerated for at least a couple hours to allow the flavors mix and intensify.
- Before serving, taste and adjust seasoning as needed.