Jalapeno Passion Margarita
- 1 ounce jalapeno syrup (recipe below)
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce passion fruit juice
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- sugar (for the rim of a cocktail glass~optional) or salt (for the rim of a cocktail glass~optional)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced (remove seeds if want less spicy)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Jalapeno Syrup: Make in advance. In a small pan, combine the jalapeno, sugar and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Strain the syrup. Cool in refrigerator about 15 minutes.
- For the drink: Rim glass with sugar or salt, if desired. Mix remaining ingredients together with ice; shake and strain.