Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Has some bite, but won't burn the barn down.
- 2 cups chili cheese Fritos corn chips
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 cups bite-size bagel chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups sesame sticks (I used cajun flavor)
- 1 cup roasted shelled peanuts
- 1 cup corn nuts (soy nuts ok)
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds (without shells)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (I used Franks)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Combine Fritos, Cheez-Its, pretzels, bagel chips, sesame sticks, peanuts, corn nuts, and sunflower seeds in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small skillet or saucepan, combine butter, jalapeno sauce, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne, whisking until butter is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle butter mixture over snack mix, tossing to combine, and trying to mix evenly.
- Toss with the parsley flakes to evenly combine.
- Spread snack mix on a large shallow baking pan and place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour (or until mixture is dry and crisp), stirring every 10 minutes to promote even drying.
- Remove from oven; cool, and store in an airtight container.