Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Appetizer or side dish, cheese and jalapenos add a twist to these bite-size pancakes made from a mix.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese (8 oz.)
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapeno peppers, drained
- ranch salad dressing or salsa
- In a bowl, combine pancake mix and water; mix well.
- Stir in cheese and peppers.
- Pour batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a hot greased griddle.
- Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve warm with Ranch dressing or salsa.
Very good. We like to make sandwich wraps with these. I also use fresh jalapenos.
These pancakes are wonderful. The flavors blend together well. I used my own mixture of leftover cheeses and my own pancake mixture made with white and wheat flour. We had them with salmon. The next time I make this, I would like to make the very thin and use them as bread for a sandwich. I can think of lots of fun ways to uses them.