Alan in SW Florida's Note:
Serve with French bread to sop up the juices and beer to cool the fire.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pint oyster, drained, reserve liquor
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pickling liquid, from pickled jalapeno peppers
- oyster liquid, reserved from oysters
- pickled jalapeno pepper, sliced, to garnish
- 1In a colander, drain oysters, catching liquor in bowl underneath. Set aside.
- 2In a small skillet, melt butter. Add jalapeno juice. Mix well. Add oysters to skillet Poach in mixture until edges begin to curl, about 1 minute or so. Add reserved liquor, if needed (some oysters are more watery than others.)
- 3Scatter pepper slices over oyster mixture.
- 4Serve at once with French bread and beer, if desired.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.1
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.5 mg
- Sodium 181.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jalapeno pickling liquid