Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Serve with French bread to sop up the juices and beer to cool the fire.
- 1 pint oyster, drained, reserve liquor
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pickling liquid, from pickled jalapeno peppers
- oyster liquid, reserved from oysters
- pickled jalapeno pepper, sliced, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a colander, drain oysters, catching liquor in bowl underneath. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add jalapeno juice. Mix well. Add oysters to skillet Poach in mixture until edges begin to curl, about 1 minute or so. Add reserved liquor, if needed (some oysters are more watery than others.)
- Scatter pepper slices over oyster mixture.
- Serve at once with French bread and beer, if desired.