Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is from my favorite get-away place, Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgely, Missouri. Love these grits, yes I do!
Top Review by gretchengr
WOW!!! This tasted so good. My husband and I love grits so we decided to try this jazzed up version. Incredible. The peppers make it colorful and very flavorful. The grits had a nice creamy texture. Thanks so much Nurse Di. Your grits recipe is "da bomb"!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded hot monterey jack pepper cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté red and yellow pepper, jalapeño, and garlic for about 5 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- In a large saucepan, bring chicken stock and cream to a boil.
- Add grits in a thin stream, whisking constantly.
- Whisk for about 6 minutes or until grits are cooked and mixture thickens.
- Add sautéed pepper mixture and cheese.
- Stir until cheese melts.
- Season with salt and pepper.