Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I use light cheese)
- 1 (10 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add cornmeal, eggs, sour cream, cheese, corn, jalapeno peppers and butter; mix well.
- Spray a medium muffin tin or use paper liners and fill with the mixture.
- Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes.
Have tried a lot of Mexican Cornbreads and Muffins and this one is the best by far. Reminds me of the one in Picadilly Cafeterias. Thanks
For us, these were just 'ok'. I've never actually had corn in my muffins before, so that was a little different for us. Not sure I cared for it. They were moist, but to the point of being mushy. I put them back into the oven to dry out a bit, and it was better, but I think maybe it was the corn itself that kinda put me off. I guess I'm one of those 'northern' girls that likes it the other way. I did love the idea of the peppers and the cheese, so I think I'll add them to my regular corn muffin recipe. Thanks for posting. It's always good to try something new. :)