Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This recipe is from Razzle Dazzle Recipes and is a restaurant recipe from La Margarita Restaurant.
Top Review by Teddy's Mommy
Oh my! We LOVED this recipe. The potatoes were so wonderfully creamy. I hesitate to say this... since some would consider it an insult but it was so good the cat even LOVED it. He's VERY picky and won't eat people food normally (nor most cat food) but was giving me "puppy dog eyes" until I gave him a taste. Which he never does for anything either, heâ€™s not a beggar. I halved the recipe but kept the same amount of jalapeno in it. To roast and peel the jalapeno I put it in the oven under the broiler, turning occasionally until it was browned on both sides then pulled it out and put it in a plastic zip bag for about 10 minutes. Once I did that the skin was VERY easy to peel off. I had trouble pureeing such a small amount of material so I added about 1 TBSP of chicken stock to it in the food processor and away it whirled! Mmmm So good! I sprinkled a little medium cheddar on it too.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup heavy cream, warm
- 1 jalapeno pepper, roasted, peeled, and pureed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly wash, clean, and dice potatoes.
- Place them in a pot of water with a dash of salt.
- Bring potatoes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and drain.
- In the same pot add the butter.
- Using a handheld masher, mash the butter into the potatoes.
- Add enough warm cream until desired smoothness is achieved.
- Season the potatoes with jalapeno, salt, and pepper to taste.