Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch The Cozy Home Cookbook.
Top Review by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
These mashed potatoes were very good - an excellent side to the Roast and baby carrots I fixed in the crock pot. They were creamy, had a nice "bite" to them. I'm not crazy about real "hot" stuff, but you can easily control the "hotness" of these potatoes by the number of jalapenos you chose to mince and use. I was thinking that these would be good with a Mexican blend shredded cheese mixed in. Next time, I'll try it.
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Put potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add half-and-half and butter to a small saucepan; heat until just warm.
- Drain potatoes and transfer them to a bowl.
- Mash potatoes, slowly adding half-and-half mixture until potatoes are creamy.
- Stir in jalapenos, green onions, salt, pepper, and lime zest.