Recipe by Vino Girl
I have not yet tried this, but it sounds different and fun. Allow three days time to steep the jalapeno! From Food & Wine, January 2006.
- 1 jalapeno, poked with a knife
- 1 1⁄3 cups tequila
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (10 limes)
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a jar, steep the jalapeño and tequila; keep at room temperature for 3 days.
- Strain the tequila into a large pitcher and discard the jalapeño.
- Stir in the orange liqueur, lime juice and sugar.
- Pour the salt and a small amount of the margarita onto 2 rimmed plates.
- Dip the rims of 6 glasses into the margarita, then into the salt.
- Fill each glass with ice, pour in the margarita and serve.