1/5 Photos of Jalapeno Macaroni & Cheese Casserole
A nice creamy comfort dish. I like it best on a cold winter's night with a good tequila lime chicken dish, but I'm sure you could have it anytime and it would be just as tasty! You may want to add some salt to this recipe. I leave it out because my doc wants me to stay away from excess sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 jalapenos, minced and seeded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1/2 small onion, minced (optional)
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni, dry
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- 3Saute minced jalapenos, garlic,& onion until tender.
- 4Add flour,pepper, cumin, and cayenne and stir mixture for two minutes.
- 5Gradually add milk until smooth and creamy.
- 6Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- 7Cook macaroni until tender (if you haven't prepared already).
- 8Drain macaroni.
- 9Add shredded cheese to sauce and stir until melted.
- 10Add sauce to macaroni in a buttered casserole dish.
- 11Top with bread crumbs and bake until top is brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Macaroni & Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.8
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 916.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 34.5 g