Recipe by Trinkets
This is the ultimate flavor combination. Uses are endless from a topping for cream cheese to a grill sauce for lamb chops or mix well with sour cream for a dip for quesadillas! The pretty green color comes from the zest of the lime, not food coloring. You can make this as spicy as you like by including the pepper's seeds and membranes, or not. The 24 hour cooking time is just the time it takes for the jelly to set up. Enjoy!
- 1 lb jalapeno
- 6 -8 garlic cloves
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 liquid Certo (packets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sterilize 8 - 8 oz jelly jars and lids.
- Wash and prepare the peppers: destem, de-membrane and deseed if you don't want a very hot tasting jelly.
- In a mini food processor pulse 2/3 of the peppers, and garlic along with all of the juice and zest of the limes.
- The other 1/3 garlic and peppers slice paper thin using a mandolin. (If you don't care about having some pretty sliced garlic and peppers in your jars just add it all to the food processor and skip this step).
- In a heavy pot bring sugar and vinegar to a boil and then add the jalapeno and garlic-lime mixtures. Stirring constantly untill all the sugar is dissolved and continue cooking for 10 minutes, still stirring.
- Stir in the pectin and boil for 1 minute, stir well and then remove from the heat.
- Fill the jars to within 1/4" from the top, wipe the tops and rims clear of any spills and place lids on, and tighten.
- Should set within 24 hours and then they're ready to be enjoyed.