Recipe by Jan in Lanark
My daughter passed this recipe on to me. It came from a very popular restaurant that she worked in at one time.The taste is refreshing and the colour is awesome!
Top Review by Ms B.
This coleslaw has a great fresh, zesty flavor. I love the tang of the rice vinegar and the lime. I didn't use the buttermilk and found that by using my mini food processor, I gained a very creamy result with just the other ingredients. I like that there is no mayo in this dressing. This will be a summer favorite for us.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- lime zest
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic, pureed or minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 6 jalapenos, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander (optional)
- 2 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- celery (whatever you want)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or processor, except the oil.
- Emulsify slowly with the oil. Supposedly you can sub the oil with half buttermilk and half mayo, but I haven't tried this yet.
- Put together the coleslaw of your choice, add dressing and refrigerate for a few hours.
- I usually make half of this- depends on how many you're serving!