Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was reading the intro of this recipe and realized that yes, now I have tried it and even posted a picture so I decided to update. This is an easy recipe that is heart healthy. The recipe was in an issue of Diabetic Cooking.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2-3 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 sliced jalapeno pepper, for garnish
- sliced black olives, for garnish
- Combine the oil, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno, cumin, minced garlic, pepper and salt in a resealable plastic bag.
- Place chicken in bag and press to remove excess air; seal tightly.
- Turn bag over several times in order to coat chicken with mixture.
- Chill 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill, oven broiler or indoor grill to medium high heat.
- Place the chicken on grill or in broiler pan.
- Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear when pierced with a fork, turning twice to get grill marks.
- Garnish with jalapeno slices and black olives if desired.
- Please note: When handling jalapeno peppers take caution.
- They can sting and irritate the skin; wear rubber gloves when handling and do not touch face or eyes.
- Wash hands throughly with soap and water after handling.
- The time to make does not include the marinade time.
I was looking for a marinade to "kick-up" chicken for soft tacos. This recipe did the trick! I did add onion (fresh, not powder) and marinaded overnight for 8 hours. The result was very moist and delicious. One reviewer on here thought the chicken was too dry, but I suspect that person erred in cooking either with too high of heat or for too long.
This was beyond AMAZING!!! I will admit that I did add some chopped up onion to it, but that is the only thing I changed. I was looking for something healthy to do with chicken breasts and happened to have a surplus of jalapenos from the garden so this was perfect! My husband absolutely LOVED it!!!
Came out great, baked in the oven at 350 degrees. Baked uncovered for the last 15 minutes and added salsa and a little cheddar cheese on top! Served with black bean and corn quinoa!