Recipe by PaulaG
I was reading the intro of this recipe and realized that yes, now I have tried it and even posted a picture so I decided to update. This is an easy recipe that is heart healthy. The recipe was in an issue of Diabetic Cooking.
Top Review by pjbflorida
I was looking for a marinade to "kick-up" chicken for soft tacos. This recipe did the trick! I did add onion (fresh, not powder) and marinaded overnight for 8 hours. The result was very moist and delicious. One reviewer on here thought the chicken was too dry, but I suspect that person erred in cooking either with too high of heat or for too long.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 sliced jalapeno pepper, for garnish
- sliced black olives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oil, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno, cumin, minced garlic, pepper and salt in a resealable plastic bag.
- Place chicken in bag and press to remove excess air; seal tightly.
- Turn bag over several times in order to coat chicken with mixture.
- Chill 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat grill, oven broiler or indoor grill to medium high heat.
- Place the chicken on grill or in broiler pan.
- Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear when pierced with a fork, turning twice to get grill marks.
- Garnish with jalapeno slices and black olives if desired.
- Please note: When handling jalapeno peppers take caution.
- They can sting and irritate the skin; wear rubber gloves when handling and do not touch face or eyes.
- Wash hands throughly with soap and water after handling.
- The time to make does not include the marinade time.