1/7 Photos of Jalapeno-lime Chicken
I was reading the intro of this recipe and realized that yes, now I have tried it and even posted a picture so I decided to update. This is an easy recipe that is heart healthy. The recipe was in an issue of Diabetic Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 sliced jalapeno pepper, for garnish
- sliced black olives, for garnish
- 1Combine the oil, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeno, cumin, minced garlic, pepper and salt in a resealable plastic bag.
- 2Place chicken in bag and press to remove excess air; seal tightly.
- 3Turn bag over several times in order to coat chicken with mixture.
- 4Chill 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- 5Preheat grill, oven broiler or indoor grill to medium high heat.
- 6Place the chicken on grill or in broiler pan.
- 7Cook 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear when pierced with a fork, turning twice to get grill marks.
- 8Garnish with jalapeno slices and black olives if desired.
- 9Please note: When handling jalapeno peppers take caution.
- 10They can sting and irritate the skin; wear rubber gloves when handling and do not touch face or eyes.
- 11Wash hands throughly with soap and water after handling.
- 12The time to make does not include the marinade time.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno-lime Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 278.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: