Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A southwestern flare for a summertime drink favorite! For mild flavor, leave the jalapeno in for 4-8 hours. For a spicier beverage, leave the pepper in longer. I leave mine in for 12 hours and it has a good bit of zing. Beautiful presentation too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 7 cups water, ice cold
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 lemons, sliced into rounds
- 1 jalapeno, fresh
- 8 cups ice, for serving
- Stir water, freshly squeezed lemon juice and sugar until sugar is disolved.
- Add lemon rounds to mixture.
- With sharp knife, poke 5-10 holes in whole jalapeno and add to lemonade.
- Put in fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve over ice.
Definitely unusual! Certainly intriguing! AND, wonderfully tasty, even if I only left the jalapeno in a couple of hours! Had it when a Mexican couple came by, & they LOVED it! Will be making this again! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
The combination seemed so unusual, I had to try it. It's fantastic! Thanks for posting it!