1 hr 15 mins
Chef #583577's Note:
This recipe came from an internet blog called ShowFood Chef and was created by chef Cathy Shambley. I have changed it ever so slightly (almost not at all!) and it is really fantastic! The butter will help reduce foaming - don't add more than 1/2 teaspoon because that could raise the pH too much for safe canning. The lemon juice should be bottled because fresh lemon juice varies in acidity while bottled provides consistent acidity.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare kiwi and peppers. I dice the kiwi and then mash it lightly with a potato masher and I use the mini workbowl of my food processor to mince the peppers - you can choose whether or not to seed them!
- 2Combine kiwi, peppers, sugar, lemon juice and vinegar in a large stockpot, mix well and let sit, covered for 30 minutes.
- 3Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- 4Add butter, increase the heat to medium high and bring to a rolling boil. Boil hard for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add the pectin all at once and stir to dissolve. Return to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat and stir constantly for 3 minutes to help redistribute the fruit evenly in the jam and prevent it from floating to the top of the finished product.
- 7Ladle jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Process jars for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath - adjusting processing time for altitude.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Kiwi Jam
Serving Size: 1 (945 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.6
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar