Recipe by Palmen
This sweet and hot recipe can be made either mild, medium, or HOT! It's tasty as a condiment for chicken,pork and fish. It is also great on a bagel with cream cheese.
- 5 whole jalapenos
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 (85 ml) packet liquid pectin (Certo will work)
Directions See How It's Made
- Seed, devein, and chop jalapeno and bell pepper.
- Put chopped peppers in a blender or food processor - blend to a fine mince.
- In a stainless steel (or other non-reactive) sauce pan combine sugar vinegar and pepper blend.
- Stir and bring mixture up to a boil. Boil for one minute.
- Turn mixture down to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add the packet of liquid pectin and bring back up to a boil. Boil for one minute.
- Take mixture off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Skim foam and film off the top.
- If you are canning, follow canning instructions provided elsewhere -- :).
- Pour liquid mixture into warm jars and cover (with the lid).
- Let jelly sit out over night. If you have NOT canned, place the jars in the refrigerator (they should keep up to 3-4 weeks.).
- ***NOTE*** This recipe is for the mild version. For medium, seed and devein 3 of the five jalapeno and chop the other two leaving in seeds and veins. For HOT, seed and devein one of the jalapeno and chop the other four leaving in seed and veins.