Recipe by Dib's
Here's a quick recipe for jalapeno jelly that's stored in the freezer. Serve with Cream cheese and crackers or hush puppies.
Top Review by kcsark
This is excellent jalepeno jelly. I have gotten so many compliments on it, everyone loves it and always wants a jar. It is relatively simple to make. A definite keeper of a recipe
- 4 large jalapenos
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, seeded and stem removed
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 (85 ml) packet liquid pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems and some of the seeds from the jalapeno peppers, or leave all the seeds for a hotter jelly.
- Coarsely chop jalapenos and sweet pepper.
- Place in a blender and process to a fine mince.
- Combine the minced peppers, sugar and vinegar in a large stainless or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin all at once, return to a full boil and boil hard, stirring for 1 minute exactly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir for 5 minutes, skimming foam as you need to.
- Pour jelly into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- The jelly will be VERY liquid at this stage.
- Wipe rims and seal tightly.
- Leave at room temp overnight.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 month or freeze up to 1 year.