From the Ball Blue Book of Preserving. A little different than other recipes as it uses only jalapeno peppers. Be sure to wear disposable or rubber gloves while cutting and seeding jalapenos. I did not add the optional food coloring and got 6 half-pints. Great over cream cheese or for use in recipes. Please be sure you are familiar with hot water bath canning procedures. For more information, check out the Canning Forum http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewforum.zsp?f=24. Whenever making large quantities of jams or jellies, be sure not to double the recipe. Just make successive batches in assembly-line fashion; otherwise, they won't set. The amount of vinegar is correct:)
- After removing stems and seeds from jalapenos, puree in food processor with 1 cup cider vinegar.
- Combine puree, additional 1 cup cider vinegar, and sugar in large saucepot. Bring to a boil; boil 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in liquid pectin. Return to a rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Skim foam, if necessary, and stir in a few drops of food coloring, if desired.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust 2 piece caps. Process 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.