Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These tasty hot-sweet muffins will go great with your next barbecue, chili feast, or just plain old beans. Try it, you will like it.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and cayenne in a bowl and set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together buttermilk, butter and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs, then the corn, blending well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture, and stir to combine lightly.
- Spoon half of the batter (it will be stiff) into the greased muffin tins, filling each cup just 1/3 full.
- Drop about 1 teaspoon of jelly on top of the batter in each cup.
- Top with the remaining batter, covering the jelly completely.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until they are a deep golden.
- Serve warm with butter.
Miss Annie,My husband is still raving about this cornbread,he has given this recipe to everybody he can think of,He gardens every year,and so he makes his own jalapeno jelly and has done so for years.He says to give you 10 stars,but of course I can only give 5,but be aware he wants you to have 10 :) Thanks,Darlene
These were simple to make and were a huge hit with chili. Next time, I'll double the amount of cayanne pepper to give the muffins a kick, or I'll use hot instead of mild jelly. I'll be making this again and again.
Miss Annie, These are great! I used some of my MIL wonderful homemade pepper jelly. Moist and tasty...a definite keeper!! =)