Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This hearty, warm side dish can be made with the cheese incorporated into the polenta or the polenta can be spooned atop a portion of the cheeses, so that as they melt they form a liquid center. This is the perfect side dish to accompany Beef Tenderloin with Southwestern-Style Sauce.
Top Review by Bobtail
I did make 1/2 of the recipe, otherwise prepared as directed by the recipe and enjoyed it. Definitely will repeat this, but will point out that I thought the jalapeno jack cheese was the dominant flavor. Of course since I love it, it was no problem. Loved the consistency and the leftovers will be reheated and enjoyed again. Thanks for a keeper NcMysteryShopper!
- 946.36 ml water
- 177.44 ml yellow cornmeal
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, Grated
- 226.79-340.19 g jalapeno jack cheese, Grated
- 2.46 ml salt (Adjust)
- 1.23 ml white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the Water to a simmer in a medium saucepan; gradually pour the Cornmeal into the Water while stirring constantly; Cook over low heat, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until the polenta pulls away from the sides of the pan, 25 – 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan and Jack Cheeses, Salt and Pepper.
- Serve immediately.