Recipe by Fauve
Here's a recipe I snagged from AllRecipes.com. Haven't tried it yet...(I'm waiting on a bumper crop of jalapenos from my garden). The sauce should keep for 6 months when stored in the refrigerator.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 20 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium glass or enamel lined sauce pan over high heat, combine oil, peppers, garlic, onion and salt; saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the water and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. With the processor running, slowly add the vinegar.
- Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid. Keep refrigerated.