Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great rice dish from my mother's people in Louisiana.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Sauté the onion, green pepper, and jalapeño in the butter in a medium saucepan until tender. Add the mushrooms, chicken broth, and rice.
- Cover and simmer 15 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
I added extra jalapeno peppers. Ummmm oops, I feel the need to hide; there are sirens going off in the neighborhood.
This rice is one of the best I made. I used jasmine rice, red bell pepper and omitted the mushrooms. But another time I will use fresh mushrooms. This was delicious. Spicy just perfect for us. Thanks southern chef in louisiana :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game