Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this often for our Football Sunday snack time. This dip is so easy to make, and it's always so good! One word of warning, though: if you don't like spicy-hot flavors, back off on the jalapenos a bit.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup salsa (use mild, medium or hot)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese and salsa. With electric mixer, blend till well well incorporated.
- Add grated cheddar, jalapenos, sour cream and cilantro. Stir until well-blended.
- Spoon dip into serving dish and garnish with additional sprigs of cilantro, if desired. Serve with chips or assorted crackers.
tried this for a party recently, and people just loved it, used hot and spicy jalapenos, and hot salsa, also let it sit in fridge overnight. awesome recipe, thanks
Loved this one, would use hot salsa and a little garlic
This was very easy to make. I used medium salsa and the dip was was a little too bland for my taste. Next time, I'm going to try it with hot salsa and add some garlic powder, chili powder, and cayenne pepper to it.