Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
Add some zip to ordinary chicken with jalapenos. From Taste of Home Magazine, we made this last night, and can't wait to make it again. The chicken was juicy and flavorful!
Top Review by teresas
We loved this and DH really doesn't like chicken! The only thing I changed was to use cilantro instead of parsley. (I don't care for parsley) Very tasty indeed. I did find after cooking for about 20 minutes when I turned the chicken it caught on fire!!! Not a good thing. So moved the breast to indirect heat and continued as posted.Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 4 -8 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped or
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 6 -10 minced garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine peppers, chiles, 1/3 cup lemon juice, parsley, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Gently stuff pepper mixture under the skin of each chicken breast. Place in a greased 13in. x 9 inches x 2-in. baking dish. Combine the broth, pepper, lemon peel and remaining lemon juice: pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Drain and discard marinade.
- Place chicken skin side up on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 45 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once during grilling.