Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This recipe is a variation of a mac & cheese dish I came up with a few years ago. I was looking for a way to bring these two great flavors together that could serve as an appetizer or a full meal. I came up with a soup. Its different, delicious and filling!
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups smoked gouda cheese (shredded)
- 2 jalapenos (seeded and finely diced)
- In a saucepan bring Simply Potatoes 'Diced Potatoes with Onion', chicken broth and jalapenos to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer (uncovered) until potatoes are fork tender (about 20 to 25 minutes). Once potatoes are done, remove from heat.
- Pour half of the mixture into a separate (mixing) bowl. Use a hand blender to puree mixture until smooth. If you do not have a hand blender, you can place ½ the mixture into a blender (let it cool first) and puree until smooth.
- Pour the pureed mixture back into the saucepan with the other half. Turn heat to medium/low, add half & half and simmer until mixture is heated throughout (about 3-5 minutes).
- Slowly stir in shredded gouda (one hand full at a time). Wait until each handful is fully melted before adding another. Once all the cheese is melted turn heat off.
- Serve and enjoy!