6 hrs 10 mins
Big John's Note:
A great light dinner item or appetizer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs flank steaks, trimmed and scored
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1 sprig cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl, mix well and pour over steak.
- 2Cover and marinate in fridge for at least 6 hours.
- 3Mix jelly with pepper and cayenne.
- 4Heat oven to 400°F.
- 5Remove steak from fridge and pat dry to remove any excess marinade.
- 6Brush steak with glaze and finish to medium rare in oven. (Time will vary, check often after 5 minutes).
- 7Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl, mix well, cover and let stand for a minimum of 2 hours.
- 8Serve by slicing the steak across the grain at a 45 degree angle and topping with salsa.
- 9As appetizer- Serve in wraps or on sliced focaccia covered with melted jack cheese.
- 10Salad- Serve on bed of your favorite greens topped with salsa.
- 11Main course- Serve with sauteed shrimp over basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Glazed Steak With Bell Pepper Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (956 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1239.0
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 308.4 mg
- Sodium 276.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 51.0 g
- Protein 100.3 g