Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A simple but tasty dish that's great on the grill. It can easily be doubled. From Bon Appetit. ZWT Southwest region (jalapenos).
- 2⁄3 cup jalapeno jelly
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 chicken breasts, with skin
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Stir jelly, cilantro, vinegar and chili in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until glaze comes to simmer. Reserve 1/4 cup glaze in saucepan; pour remaining glaze into small bowl.
- Brush chicken all over with glaze from bowl. Set pan of reserved glaze at edge of barbecue to rewarm. Place chicken, skin side down, on barbecue. Grill 4 minutes; brush with glaze from bowl. Using tongs, turn chicken over. Grill 5 minutes. Brush with glaze from bowl. Turn chicken again and grill until cooked through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon glaze in saucepan over and serve.
Chicken turns green, but its good
Quite different, but enjoyable. Needed a little salt to season. The sugar in the jelly created a nice glaze from the grill. Thanks for posting.