Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
MY husband's Fav. from Johnny's. I have posted the recipie for Lemon Butter. Absolutely Delish!
Make and share this Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia by Johnny Carino's recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 2 ounces melted margarine
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup diced jalapeno
- 1 cup chopped de-stemmed spinach
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon butter
- 5 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 cup diced roma tomato
- Dredge the tilapia filets in the flour, and add them with the melted margarine and garlic to a medium temperature sauté pan.
- Once the tilapia has finished cooking on one side, flip them over and add the jalapenos, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Prepare the angel hair in boiling water, and allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes depending on the temperature of the water.
- As the filets begin to flake, add the heavy cream, and bring it to a slight boil.
- Once the cream begins to boil, remove the pan from the fire and reduce the lemon butter into the sauce.
- Place the pasta in a bowl, and pour the fish with the sauce over the pasta.
- Garnish with fresh roma tomatoes and parsley.
I don't usually like fish, but this recipe was delicious! I did use less lemon butter to cut calories, but I recommend more tomatoes and more spinach.
This was great! Easy and absolutely delicious.
This was a really great recipe! We have never had the dish at Carino's so I can't compare it though. I followed the recipe exactly except for cutting the amount of jalepenos in half because I'm not a huge fan. For the lemon butter, I used the recipe posted by MissAli and it was easy and yummy! Next time, I'll increase the sauce amount and add more spinache!