Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Hope you enjoy.:) Start on dough cycle.
- 236.59 ml milk, at room temperature
- 36.97 ml butter, at room temperature
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml bread flour
- 473.18 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 11.09 ml active dry yeast
- 118.29 ml chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 9 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml butter, at room temperature and DIVIDED
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese, DIVIDED
- Set out butter for filling to soften so you can spread it (2 tablespoons).
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- While dough is being made, combine the jalapenos and garlic in cup sized bowl; set aside.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in half.
- For each loaf, roll one portion of dough into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Remaining butter will be used in step 11. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese and half of the jalapeno mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place in a 8-in. x 4 -in.mini loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over loaves.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Turned out great! Made a couple changes to the recipe . . . converted the recipe to use part sourdough starter and part instant yeast. Also used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan. Shaped the loaf into a baguette and baked on my baguette pan. Very yummy! Only baked one loaf, put the rest of the dough in the fridge and will use in the next day or so to make another version.
This bread was fantastic! I made a half recipe and will be eating it with lunch this week. But I had to sneak a bite after it came out of the oven. I used 1 egg in place of egg substitute (for 1/2 recipe) and had to use pickled jalapeno which really put some heat into it. Wanted to say thanks for putting me on the preemie list for PAC! I don't have z-mail capabilities yet, so picked this recipe to review for Bargain Basement Tag Game. For anyone who likes some heat, I recommend this bread; it's quite tasty!
This was really fantastic bread. I made as directed except I forgot I didn't have any wheat flour, so I just used white in its place. Next time I would add more jalapenos, but otherwise I wouldn't change a thing. It was delicious dipped in my tomato basil soup. Thanks so much for posting! Made for PRMR tag.