Recipe by WiGal
Hope you enjoy.:) Start on dough cycle.
Top Review by Galley Wench
Turned out great! Made a couple changes to the recipe . . . converted the recipe to use part sourdough starter and part instant yeast. Also used cheddar cheese instead of parmesan. Shaped the loaf into a baguette and baked on my baguette pan. Very yummy! Only baked one loaf, put the rest of the dough in the fridge and will use in the next day or so to make another version.
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 9 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature and DIVIDED
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, DIVIDED
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out butter for filling to soften so you can spread it (2 tablespoons).
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- While dough is being made, combine the jalapenos and garlic in cup sized bowl; set aside.
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in half.
- For each loaf, roll one portion of dough into a 14-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Remaining butter will be used in step 11. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon cheese and half of the jalapeno mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place in a 8-in. x 4 -in.mini loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter; brush over loaves.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.