Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my creation. I wanted a good spicy beef dish, and decided to create this since I couldn't find a quality one at any Chinese restaurant in my area, unless I wanted to pay an arm and a leg. Hope you enjoy, and feel free to adjust the heat to your liking.
- 1 lb your choice sliced steak (I use cubed)
- 2 -3 fresh jalapenos, sliced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -2 lb zucchini (or both) or 1 -2 lb yellow squash, sliced (or both)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup water, and
- 2 -3 beef bouillon cubes or 1 cup canned beef broth
- soy sauce
- cooked rice or pasta
- Before starting, marinate beef in desired amount of soy sauce for at least an hour.
- In a large, heated wok or skillet, begin browning beef in a little bit of oil.
- As the beef gets more brown, begin adding the jalapenos, garlic, and green onion, stirring constantly.
- After the jalapenos begin softening somewhat, add the squash, zucchini, and mushrooms, stirring constantly.
- After vegetables are cooked through (still somewhat crispy, do not over-cook) add beef broth and more soy sauce to taste, let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Toss with cooked rice or noodles.