Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Something to do with those Easter eggs or make a batch fresh.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 pickled jalapeno peppers or 1 fresh jalapeno, seeds and stems removed, diced
- 14.79 ml green onion, finely chopped, green part only
- 4.92 ml chopped cilantro
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 14.79-29.58 ml yellow mustard
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- bread or tortilla chips, for serving
- Peel the eggs and roughly chop. Gently stir in the jalapeno, green onion, ground cumin, mayonnaise, mustard and lemon juice. Add salt, black pepper to taste.
- Serve either on bread for a sandwich or tortilla chips as a dip.
The perfectly updated egg salad! It adds the perfect crunch without resorting to the typical celery or asparagus remedies. I had oddly large jalape?os, so 1 fresh jalape?o to a dozen eggs was more than enough spice. I substituted dill for cilantro (what was available) and 1 tbl whole grain mustard plus 1 tbl dijon mustard for the yellow mustard. The best egg salad I've ever had!
I regret halving the recipe this is so good. I made it exactly as written and the combination of spices (I used a fresh jalapeno) and seasonings was utter perfection. This is my new egg salad recipe. The only tip I would give is to let it sit for a half hour in the fridge to meld the flavors.
No trouble putting this fine salad together! It all came together to total perfection, and it's a shame I didn't make more. This recipe really tastes terrific, even better the next day on some crackers. Thanks so much!